We’d like to thank you for stopping by CMEA, Capital Machinery and Equipment Appraisal, Inc. We’re here to offer you the absolute best when it comes to detailed and certified equipment valuation and machinery appraisal, no matter the industry. Let’s take a look at how CMEA can help you with our services.
Machinery And Equipment Appraisals
The heart of our business is machinery and equipment valuation. Getting the correct value of equipment can be imperative to a business for many reasons, such as:
- If a business is going to be sold, it’s not just the property or the amount of money in the bank that has to be considered. We can perform entire plant and machinery valuation, as well as medical and restaurant equipment values.
- Equipment values are imperative to know when one partner is selling part of a company to another.
- CMEA reports will hold up to scrutiny to the IRS, even in a court setting.
- Getting a certified appraisal can convince a bank to go through with a lending transaction on a particular piece of equipment.
- If a business is at the end of a lease on a piece of equipment, the option to purchase can be negotiated based on real-world evaluation obtained from a certified machinery and equipment appraiser.
- Having an equipment appraisal can convince a potential buyer that your used machinery is offered at a fair price.
- When a company donates a piece of equipment (often a vehicle), they want to ensure they’re getting the maximum tax deduction possible. If the IRS questions the size of the deduction, a professional equipment appraisal report will convince them that the price was accurate.
Those are just a few of the reasons that businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies require machinery and equipment appraisals. But what does CMEA appraise? Let’s take a look.
What Kind of Equipment Does CMEA Value?
As a certified machinery and equipment appraiser, we can provide equipment appraisal services to nearly any sector. You might have equipment which only a handful of people in the world have first-hand knowledge, but our network is so broad (worldwide, in fact) that we are able to get accurate machinery and equipment appraisal for every industry.
For a full list of business and industries we provide equipment, click here. If you don’t see your particular specialty, be sure to give us a call for a free evaluation. Some of the most common industries we serve are:
- Construction – We can provide construction equipment appraisal for any type of indoor or outdoor construction equipment, from the most common skid steer to the most specialized mining equipment.
- Hospitals – Hospitals are always upgrading their medical equipment, whether it’s a simple ultrasound or a million-dollar MRI machine. When it comes time to sell, it’s important to them to find out what the true market value is via professional medical equipment appraisal.
- Truck and Trailers – Hauling equipment is changing hands constantly, as are the trucking companies themselves. CMEA can provide everyone with the knowledge they need to ensure that fair exchange occurs.
- Restaurant Equipment – When a restaurant is being sold, it’s important that any included equipment is neither undervalued or overvalued.
- Plants and Machinery Valuation – Sometimes it’s an entire plant that’s being sold or insured, so every piece of equipment has to be meticulously tallied. We’ll be able to tell you the fair market value of every piece in the building(s).
- Aircraft and Boats – Aircraft and boats can be difficult to get a proper fair market value on, but CMEA has the ability to find out exactly what they’re worth. When you need boat or aircraft appraisal, get the most out of it with a professional valuation.
Once you get a certified machinery and equipment appraiser to put the proper fair market price on your property, you still need to sell it. In some large markets with commonly used equipment, that can be easy. But if you have specialty equipment or are in a less-populated area, it can be quite difficult to find a buyer even in today’s internet-connected world.
Instead of wasting your time trying to find a buyer, why not have someone who’s in-the-know handle it? CMEA can work as your broker when it comes to selling the items you’ve had appraised. We have a worldwide network of buyers who are looking for equipment, and that can seriously cut the amount of time it takes to sell. Click here to learn more about our brokerage services.
When a business is growing quickly, new equipment can be added without much thought. With a sudden need to ramp up production, the addition of another forklift to the warehouse is just another weekly occurrence.
Unfortunately, not having accurate reports on all of your equipment can make claims on insurance difficult, especially as the equipment ages. We can create a detailed report of all of your equipment, especially those that are mobile or commonly stolen. As part of our equipment inspections we can take detailed pictures that show the interior, exterior, VIN, controls, attached equipment, gauges, and more.
Contact Us Today!
No matter what job you need us for, Capital Machinery and Equipment Appraisals is ready to travel the world if need be to offer you the best in appraisals. We also offer desktop appraisals if you are interested in supplying information and having us handle the valuation. Either way, you’ll be happy with the information we provide. Contact us today for a free consultation!